|Page (1) of 1 - 10/07/11||email article||print page|
SmartDraw VP, the world's first visual processor, is a powerful tool for use in architectural, engineering and construction industries. The solution, which is fully automated and geared toward users without expertise in visual design and drawing, has an extensive variety of templates for visuals like floor plans, maps, flow charts, various diagrams, strategy plans and more.
Just as people use a word processor every day to create professionally-formatted written documents of any kind, people use a visual processor every day to create professionally-formatted visuals of any kind, including flowcharts, organization charts, mind maps, and project charts.
SmartDraw VP is the result of years of customer research and usability studies, which consistently showed that most business computer users are unable to create a visual using the existing tools and black page paradigm. The huge time investment, countless revisions, and unsatisfactory end result made the whole effort just not worth it. With the creation of SmartDraw VP, SmartDraw is aiming to make visual communication as common as written.
Getting Started - The Basic Steps to Creating Visuals with SmartDraw:
- Start by selecting the type of visual you want to create. Do this from the template browser.
- Enter your information by clicking customized task buttons in the SmartPanel, or by typing text into a pre-constructed visual. Each type of visual that SmartDraw supports (more than 70 of them) has a SmartPanel on the left-hand side of the screen that provides you with commands specific to the type of graphic you are creating. Many of these commands have keyboard shortcuts. You can often create your visual without even taking your hands off the keyboard.
- SmartDraw does the rest, building the visual automatically using built-in rules and professional design themes. SmartDraw supports more than 70 different kinds of business visual - each with its own rules built-in.
Tapping the Power of SmartDraw for Visual Project Management:
SmartDraw also makes it possible to plan and manage projects visually so they come in on time and on budget. To estimate how much time a project will take to complete, you must break it into tasks and estimate the amount of time each task will take. A broad task should be broken down into smaller sub-tasks that are easier to estimate. The first step in planning a project is to identify all of the tasks that need to be done and how much time they are going to take. To do this easily, use a mind map.
Using a mind map to break down tasks also makes it easier to identify them all upfront, instead of halfway through the project which adds delays. The mind map is also an excellent format to communicate the task planning to others. Using SmartDraw anyone can plan a project using a mind map as easily as typing in a word processor. Then with one click, SmartDraw will convert it into a project chart, so that each task can be assigned and time estimates added. This is a unique feature of SmartDraw.
Use SmartDraw not only to communicate the results of the planning process but actually to carry it out. SmartDraw's project charts offer real project management, handling hundreds of tasks, dependency, percent completion and other sophisticated features. By providing a view into the status of each task and its progress, the entire team has a complete view of the project and their coworkers' efforts.
Using SmartDraw to Create Presentations:
SmartDraw VP integrates with PowerPoint(r) to help create career-making presentations in two unprecedented ways:
1. Add any visual to a PowerPoint(r) slide with one click, including built-in sequencing. Sequencing uses the technique recommended by presentation experts and SmartDraw does it automatically.
2. SmartDraw can be used to create an entire PowerPoint(r) presentation using its PowerPoint(r) Builder feature.
It is easier to compose slides and move them around using SmartDraw's PowerPoint Builder than it is with PowerPoint(r). Sequenced SmartDraw visuals can be added to each slide. Slides can be added and removed from the presentation by simply dragging them on and off the timeline. One click builds an entire PowerPoint(r) deck.
SmartDraw and Microsoft Office:
Microsoft Office(r) is the standard tool used by hundreds of millions of businesspeople for word processing, presentations, spreadsheets and email. Almost all of these activities are text-only. Even PowerPoint(r) is used primarily in text-only mode with slide after slide of bullets.
While Office(r) includes some primitive drawing tools, they are not extensively used, because they are simplistic and require manual drawing, which most people find time-consuming and tedious. SmartDraw, with its comprehensive automatic drawing features, adds key functionality to every desktop functionality that Office(r) lacks. In addition to the ability to easily incorporate visuals into Word(r), PowerPoint(r) and Excel(r), SmartDraw adds the Six Ps to office:
1. Project Management
2. Process Management
3. Presentation Authoring
4. People Management
5. Planning and Strategy
See For Yourself:
SmartDraw offers a free, 7-day trial, allowing users to try SmartDraw with no obligation. Once the 7-day trial is over, users can purchase and activate or download a licensed copy from www.smartdraw.com and immediately continue using the software. Customers can purchase CD copies as well.
SmartDraw Single User Licensing
Install and use one copy of SmartDraw on a single computer. Single User Licenses are perpetual and include, free of charge, all maintenance releases for the version originally purchased. Upgrades releases are available for a fee.
SmartDraw Volume Licensing
SmartDraw Software also offers volume licensing to enterprises.
Find Out More:
* For more information on SmartDraw, visit www.smartdraw.com
* To download a free trial copy, visit www.smartdraw.com/downloads/
* To purchase SmartDraw, visit www.smartdraw.com/buy/
* To see examples, visit www.smartdraw.com/examples/
* To learn about features, visit www.smartdraw.com/product/features
* To see product videos, visit www.smartdraw.com/videos/
* For SmartDraw support, visit www.smartdraw.com/support/
* For all other questions, visit www.smartdraw.com.about/